• December 4You never fail until you stop trying

• November 1Wrestling takes 1st in Seward, King of the Mountain Duels

• October 18If you are a driver to the school please come and register your vehicle with Mrs Humphreys in the front office.

Homecoming, What Does It Mean to You?

Leiah Rusher, Journalist

If a visitor walked into Houston High’s homecoming they would see some definitive groups pretty quickly. There´s the couples, the ones that have been together for a little while; the undefined couples all of the high schoolers think should just date already; and the couples that are “just friends”.

Besides many couples, there would be the small groups of people who get right to dancing at 7:30 pm even though the dance itself started at 7:00 pm. Volleyball manager and softball player, Destiny Farmer, was one of the many dancing: ¨I’ve had lit homecomings, I get lit,” she said. And last but not least for the dance, if they stick around, they might be lucky enough to see a dance off or two. The varsity football players lock arms, put each others heads on the others shoulder and lineman battle.

Rewind to Monday and it would be easy to see the start of it all, spirit days. Sophomore, football player, Vincent Mahoney encouraged spirit days by saying: ¨Show school spirit! It’s pretty fun.¨

Some students who attend homecoming at Houston High, do not dress up each day of the week. Most do participate in the bonfire Thursday evening, the dance Saturday night, and Friday night´s game though.

Junior, Alto-Base, Alex Hardy recalled a memorable event from last years homecoming week, ¨At the bonfire last year we had one of our local bands, a guy that went to our school, he had his band perform and it was really cool.¨

Homecoming gets a lot of hype and it’s definitely deserved, ¨Of course, you know, we put a lot of effort in planning it and making it happen so of course I agree, I think it deserves all the hype.¨ Junior, Cameron Gold, Vice President of E-Board stated. Overall, no matter who someone is or what group they classify themselves as, homecoming and homecoming week is thrilling for everyone.